Community Sponsorship and Volunteering
Ambassadors of Welcome
Community. Partnership. Friendship.
Welcome newly arrived refugees to Orange County through community sponsorship. As a community sponsor, your group of 7-10 becomes a partner with CWS Orange County to greet a refugee family at the airport, assist them in securing and furnishing initial housing, connect them with local services, and show them all of the things that make our community so special!
Groups of Support
- 7-10 Members
- Community Group or Faith Community
- 4 Month Commitment
- Partnered with 1 Client Household
- Provide Social Support toward their goals of self-sufficiency
- Provide Financial Support of $5,000
Ready to Learn More!
Support for the Journey
Hundreds of refugees are resettled each year in Orange County after fleeing persecution in their own home countries. Refugees often arrive with little to no English, limited familiarity with U.S. culture, and no financial resources. Their resettlement journey is long and full of challenges.
You can make that journey easier.
Volunteer to support newcomers as they rebuild their lives, and help us continue the tradition of welcoming refugees to Orange County.
If you would like to volunteer directly with clients, we ask that volunteers are:
- Able to commit to up to 3 months of direct service
- Able to commit to approximately 1-3 hours a week of direct service
- 18 years old or older
- attend a volunteer orientation/training
- complete a background check
Some volunteer opportunities may vary from these requirements.